April 23, 2008
post written by Bag Bliss blogger: BrS
Sneak Peak: Marc Jacobs Fall 2008 Purse Collection
I’m not really sure what compelled me to visit the official Marc Jacobs website the other day. Perhaps I was bored or perhaps I was looking for something — I honestly can’t remember the reason for my visit. But you know what? I’m really glad I went! Why? Well, it just so happens that the new collection for Fall 2008 has already been posted! Well… at least the images have been posted. It looks like things are still under construction since there are no names or descriptions to go with these bags. I guess this is to be expected. I mean, it is April after all. Fall isn’t exactly right around the corner at the moment. Actually, I’m curious as to why they have these bags posted on the website so early. Oh well!
So what we have pictured above is simply a sampling of the new bags that will soon be available (The number of bags pictured on the website for Fall 2008 is staggering. The ones I have pictured above is just scratching the surface). Some are gorgeous, of course. I mean, what else would you expect from good ol’ Marc? However, there are also a few… um… interesting looking bags that have also wormed their way into the world of Marc Jacobs. Here’s what we have:
1. A black and tan leather satchel that can be worn either on the arm or the shoulder. It has a flap closure and a push-lock. Not really sure what is up with that chain though.
2. A dark, eggplant colored tote. It is a mix of quilted and plain leather. It also appears to have an exterior zip-around pocket and a double shoulder strap. Love the yummy color!
3. A Stam-style bag in purple ostrich. Not sure whether it is embossed or genuine. Can be carried on the arm or on the shoulder with the chain strap. Isn’t this one gorgeous?
4. A smaller shoulder bag in brown and tan leather. It has a flap closure and what appears to be a metal flower decoration. It also looks like the strap might be adjustable. Cute!
5. A brown leather tote with a tone-on-tone strip on the front. It looks like it has a zippered top and a pocket on the outside. Looks like it would be great for work!
6. A bubblegum pink ostrich shoulder bag… with a car on it? It has a flap closure and what appears to be an adjustable strap. Hmmm…
Sorry girls! These bags are so new that there are no measurements or prices available yet, otherwise I would definitely let you know!
You can view the entire collection over at the official Marc Jacobs website: marc jacobs